In order to run DynThings Platform, you must configure the basic settings like Database connection and platform behaviour.
Before You Begin
Ensure that DynThings database has been deployed and the Platform also has been deployed on this machine.
To Configure IIS Application Folder Security
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) manager and find the installed DynThings Web Application.
- Right click on DynThings Web Application and click on "Edit Permissions" in "Security" tab.
- Validate if the "Group or user name" includes "Authenticated Users", if it exists you can skip this section, if it does not exist make sure to add the mentioned users group by following the next steps.
- Click on "Edit" button to open the Permissions editor window.
- Click on "Add" button to open the users or groups selector.
- Click on "Advanced" button to open the Finder window and click on "Find" button.
- Select the group "Authenticated Users" from the search result and click on "Ok" button.
- Now, you should get the "Authenticated Users" in the selector window, click on "Ok" button.
- From the Permissions window, select the added group "Authenticated Users" and enable the "Modify" permission, click on Ok button.
- By following this steps the "Authenticated Users" should be able to fully interact with the application without any security issue.